|You can create a new transaction by performing a long press on the 'Finances' button on the dashboard. When you see the popup to select the transaction type (Revenue / Expense), select the desired option.|
Once you have the new Transaction screen open, fill out the necesary fields and press 'Save'.
- Business is the relevant business for this transaction.
- Location is the relevant location for this transaction.
- Created By is the user that created the transaction.
- Date is the date of the transaction.
- Customer / Vendor is the relevant account for the transaction.
- Reference Number is an optional field to store an associated reference number.
- Subtotal is the subtotal of the transaction.
- Tax is the total sum of tax on the transaction.
- Tax Rate is the tax rate applied to the transaction. The tax rate is set in the selected location settings
- Total is the subtotal + card fee + sales tax.
- Currency is the selected currency for the transaction.
- Payment is the type of payment for the transaction.
- Paid On is the paid date which can be set once the transaction has progressed from payment 'Unpaid'.
Relevant files (Pdf, Word Documents, Excel Documents, Photos) can be included on the transaction.
Transaction items are optional, however once you include items the transaction totals will be calculated as the sum of items.
- Description is the line items product name. Transaction items can either link to products or created as free text.
- Revenue / Expense Account categorizes the line item for accounting purposes.
- Item Notes is additional notes about the line item.
- Quantity is the unit count for the line item.
- Price default value is picked up from the product settings (transaction type expense will use 'Cost', transaction type revenue will use 'Price'), however can be overriden.
- Subtotal is calculated as quantity * price.